We’ve reached the EV tipping point and by 2024, 1 out of 3 vehicles will need to plug into buildings. Just 10 EVs in the parking lot can draw over 100,000 Watts. Too many charging at one time can explode peak demand energy costs, and overload a building’s existing power circuits. Just adding charging stations creates high Total Cost of Ownership due to high facility CapEx and OpEx: expensive circuit installation & panel upgrades, and costly demand charges. What’s a property manager to do?
Limiting the available charging stations can reduce power load and infrastructure upgrade costs. But, limiting charging stations creates the “Move your EV” policy. Jockeying cars around at just four charging stations results in thousands of dollars of lost productivity every month. It’s also a frustrating waste of time.
There was no solution that intelligently managed power for the entire premises: HVACs, lighting, multi-tenants, motors and equipment, plus the EVs in the parking lot. Solutions tackled only the EV or only in-building power circuits. Existing BEMS & smart thermostats only control the environment, but not the power. So power demand was not optimized for the whole site – resulting in higher energy costs.
THE POWER IoT Solution
It starts with you. PowerIoT empowers you to centrally monitor & control all of your power circuits for all of your facilities around the globe – from anywhere in the world. At your desktop or from your mobile device. PowerIoT leverages your existing power infrastructure & BEMS.
• Energy & cost savings are maximized by wholistic management of all major power loads including: EV charging, lighting, HVAC, datacenter, motors & pumps and other equipment, etc.
• Government building codes may be met and power loads shed in support of regulatory requirements.
• Equipment lifetimes are maximized and operational costs are reduced through monitoring and predictive maintenance.
• Monetize individual client & tenant energy usage. Everyone pays their fair share.
THE THREE TIERS OF POWER IoT: Services, API, Endpoints
From the PowerIoT Dashboard you have visibility into your complete energy picture. Real time alerts update you anywhere. This is just one of the PowerIoT Services. Services coming soon include the PowerAI™ Toolkit with the intelligent Recommendation Engines that proactively and preemptively provide you suggestions and guidance to optimize your energy.
The POWERIoT API gives you global control from the Cloud:
The Power in POWER IoT is the Cloud-based API system which allows us:
• Unified Cloud API access to all connected End Points
• Configure & Manage all connected End points
• Monitor power usage of every connected End point
• Control a single or group of End points
• Optimize energy usage to account for peak demand or time-of-use billing
• Reports to help give helpful details
Utilized by services layer to provide various views for monitoring, control and recommendations
Enables any third-party Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS) to become more intelligent by offering usage and cost data
PowerIoT Endpoints Amp up the Possibilities
• Charge 4 or more EVs with a single electrical circuit
• Reduce panel upgrade & trenching costs by up to 50%
• Alleviates “Move your EV” concern
• Save 90 hours / month in productivity costs for every 4 stations (typical)
• Everyone gets charge and VIPs can get priority
• Energy and peak demand aware charging
• Reduce peak demand by up to 75%
• Flexible charging options: round robin, priority, time-weighted, preferred, etc.
• Manages and monitors multiple in-building power circuits
• HVAC, lighting, refrigerators, equipment, etc.
• Support for multi-property and multi-tenant buildings
• Combined with EVMC optimizes entire premises
• Controls energy usage & costs
• Optimizes Time-of-Use & Peak Demand
• Eliminates energy faults & phantoms
• Monitor for predictive equipment maintenance, saving down-time costs
Cyber Switching develops power management innovations which help customers dramatically reduce energy costs, lower carbon footprint, and raise green credentials.
Cyber Switching’s PowerIoT™ solutions empower the user to centrally monitor & control power circuits for all premises across the globe – anywhere in the world.
- Energy & cost savings are maximized by wholistic management of all major power loads including: EV charging, lighting, HVAC, datacenter, motors & pumps and other equipment, etc.
- Government building codes may be met and power loads shed in support of regulatory requirements.
- Equipment lifetimes are maximized and operational costs are reduced through monitoring and predictive maintenance.
- Monetize individual client & tenant energy usage
Cyber switching is ushering in the future Electrification of Everything.